Summer vacation is where memories are made.
But let‚Äôs be honest. Not all of those memories are sun-kissed and breezy for parents.
Balancing summer fun against higher grocery bills, overflowing dirty dishes and mountains of messes can have parents longing for school to start like:
Here are 12 funny tweets from parents who understand your pain.
1. It feels like ages since school got out.
2. Dirty dishes have taken on a whole new meaning.¬†
3. Your kid’s video game obsession means saving¬†money on sunscreen¬†at least.
4. But then you have to spend all those savings on electricity.¬†
5. Packing all the things to make precious¬†memories at the beach.
6. Trying new things on vacation.
7. Or just doing what you do at home but with a different view.
8. Realizing pool time means something different when you’re a parent.¬†
9. Going broke trying to keep food in the house.¬†
10. Inventing new ways to get your kid’s¬†energy out.¬†
11. Loving whoever invented¬†overnight camps.
12. Getting used to¬†having kids at home.