Wednesday, 26 September 2018
BREAKING NEWS

These drivers have all been been banned from the road… here’s why

These drivers have all been been banned from the road… here’s why
27 Aug
1:24

The courts have once again been busy dealing with drivers who have committed motoring offences. Here are the latest to appear at North Staffordshire Justice Centre:

DRESDEN

A teenager has admitted dangerous driving.

Sandris Hauberts, aged 19, of St Clair Street, Dresden, appeared at North Staffordshire Justice Centre charged with driving dangerously and driving without insurance in Longton on August 4.

Magistrates heard Hauberts drove off when a police officer tried to stop his vehicle, then crashed.

The bench declined jurisdiction and the case will go to Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court, where Hauberts will appear on a date to be fixed. A pre-sentence report was ordered.

Six drivers have been banned from the roads

NEWCASTLE

Fifty-three-year-old Andrew Brock was more than twice the drink-drive limit when he was stopped by police.

Magistrates heard a police officer saw Brock ‘stumbling’ into a Newcastle chip shop at around 9.30pm on August 3, before getting into a Peugeot van and driving away.

He was stopped in Seabridge Road and gave a positive breath test. He later gave an alcohol reading of 85 micrograms in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35.

Brock, of Pembroke Avenue, Newcastle, pleaded guilty to driving while over the alcohol limit. Colin Drew, mitigating, said: “He’s kicking himself for being stupid and he is thoroughly ashamed of himself.”

Magistrates fined Brock £415 and ordered him to pay £135 court costs and a £41 victim surcharge. He was disqualified from driving for 20 months, which will be reduced by 22 weeks if he completes a drink drivers course.

LEEK

Teenager Sara Cruttenden has appeared in court for drink driving.

The 18-year-old, of Westwood Heath Road, Leek, was stopped by police in Westwood Heath Road in the early hours of August 4.

Prosecutor Emma Thompson said: “It was clear she had been drinking. She provided a positive breath test and later gave a reading of 44 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35.”

Colin Drew, mitigating, said Cruttenden had been at work all day at Alton Towers before spending the evening at her job in a pub. She then met friends and had two glasses of wine before driving. He said: “She felt perfectly well and fit to drive. She is a young lady who has learned a salutary lesson from these proceedings. She is distressed and ashamed of herself.”

Magistrates fined Cruttenden £100 and ordered her to pay £135 court costs and a £30 victim surcharge. She has been disqualified from driving for 12 months. Her ban will be reduced by 13 weeks if she completes a drink drivers course.

Read More

Latest cases from the courts in Stoke-on-Trent

NEWCASTLE

Banned driver Geoffrey Kettle has been fined after he was caught behind the wheel.

The 43-year-old, of Wenlock Close, Newcastle, pleaded guilty to driving while disqualified and driving without insurance on August 1.

Magistrates heard police stopped Kettle on the A34 in Newcastle and checks revealed he was disqualified.

He said he did not know he was about the ban, after he was disqualified in his absence last month after accruing 12 penalty points. Colin Drew, mitigating, said: “He has never received any notice about this disqualification.”

Magistrates fined Kettle £175, plus £135 court costs and a £30 victim surcharge. He was disqualified from driving for a further six months on top of his current ban.

Source: https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/local-news/drivers-been-been-banned-road-1931576

Recommended

« »

allsites

Related Articles